DECOUPLED MOLDING® Workshop
This workshop is designed to provide students with valuable hands-on machine time to reinforce the methodologies they learned in Systematic Molding. It offers the exact same exercises as Master Molder® I, but with half the practice time and none of the testing. Companies that are not allowed by their customers to make changes to processes can substitute the Template Match Workshop for the DECOUPLED MOLDING® Workshop.
Attendees will acquire the knowledge they need to dissect and rebuild the process using data-driven methodologies, then document the return on investment and indicate potential improvement areas using the current condition of the machine and mold. The end result will be the most robust process possible with the current conditions. For those interested in using this training to achieve real-world process improvement ROI, an RJG consultant may be hired at a later date to mentor you on one or more of the machines at your facility.
Note: Because this is a public course, we cannot work with real-world process targets. An in-plant, ROI-driven version of the DECOUPLED MOLDING® Workshop is also available for groups of four or more students who have completed Systematic Molding. The last day includes a student report-out to management with ROI data.
- Machine qualification tests
- Load sensitivity
- Pressure response
- Injection speed linearity
- Dynamic Check Ring Repeatability Test
- Clamp/Mold deflection study
- Mold performance requirements and weakness identification
- Pressure loss test
- Perform a gate seal study to determine optimal hold time
- Identify the cavity balance at all injection speeds
- Create a temperature map of the mold
- Validate machine and mold capabilities
- Build and document a robust Decoupled process with the current machine and mold conditions
Une participation au préalable à une formation RJG au Moulage Systématique ou aux Fondamentaux du Moulage Systématique au cours de l’année précédent le premier jour du module Moulage Découplé est requis. Il est également fortement recommandé que le participant ait effectué le cours en ligne Math for Molders et des notions pratiques d’utilisation des machines avant d’effectuer ce cours.